the problem with dreams are, they're usually hard to remember. and that was one problem i had to tackle early on. so i've figured how i can best remember my dreams long enough to blog them:
- the moment i'm aware than i'm awake, before i even open my eyes, i replay the dream in my head.
- once i open my eyes, i lie in bed and replay it again in my head.
- once i'm up and about (usually getting ready for work and whatnot), i replay it again in my head one last time.
- as soon as i have a few free minutes, i make a short note of my dream (because there are so many dreams that i remember, but actually haven't blogged cos my memory isn't searchable that way), and also to make sure i have some way of ensuring i don't mix dreams up. i especially note people from my dreams, because i've found that over time, they disintegrate into faceless, nameless people :)
- twitter seems to work best for this for me, and a lot of my twitter favourites will be notes from my dreams.
- finally, blog them as soon as possible! same day is preferable, but i remember my dreams up to a week, with enough of notes... although i have a tendency to find jumps in the story if i wait too long to blog it.
let me know if you try this technique out and it works/doesn't work for you. and of course, link your dreams here :)